Thursday, July 9, 2009

Waterskiing with the YM


We had a good old time last night. I will preface this story with the fact that I have tried to go wakeboarding so many times. I have never been able to get up, ever, not even close. Well yesterday we went out for YM's and the boys all went. I didn't think that I was going to go because I knew my previous experience and it sucked to be drug around by a boat in 10 foot increments for 4 hours. Well, they looked like they were having so much fun so I decided that I would give it a try. I did and was in the water for what seemed like an hour, but was probably more like 20 minutes trying to get up. My forearms were on fire and I decided to hang it up, saying I would give it another try later. Well, later came around and I didn't want to do it. My excuse was that it was too cold. My reality was that my arms were on fire and I knew that I was just going to sit in the water for another 20 minutes, swallow water and be all bitter about wakeboarding afterwards. Steve Davis convinced me of the fact that it wasn't cold and I didn't want to bring up my real excuses because, well, I am a man dangit. So I got everything on and jumped in the water. I assumed the position but took on a new grip that I saw Steve use which is the baseball grip. It got ripped out of my hands so I got gloves on. The first time it worked. I was suddenly standing and went for a while before I tried some "moves" I reversed stance. It worked well, then I hit the wake and ate fish. I tried again and failed, then I got up 3 more times. Adjusting my stance from decrepid old man to 31 year old unconfident man worked a little better. It was awesome. Thanks Blake, Conrad and Steve for the good times. Even though I am in pain trying to type this message because my forearms are killing me, I had a lot of fun.
PS, that is totally me last night. I pulled off a flip my 3rd time around. :)

2 comments:

Justin said...

no way did you do a flip you lying sack of poop. Dude to get up its all about flexing your shin muscles. It makes all the difference.

themunns said...

I know, but it makes for a good story right? :)