Monday, February 9, 2009

Kids

Kids are great. I am obviously partial to my own, but I really do think that they are some of the best kids in the whole world. We struggle with the obvious stuff, like cleaning their room, sharing, etc. On a whole, they are wonderful children. This is in large part due to my wife. This weekend we had a wonderful time just hanging out. I enjoy seeing our children interact with other kids. It is a wonderful thing to see Hailee developing into such a great young lady. Abigail is sassy, but you can really see her growing up. They both are wonderful kids, but even better examples to our, for the time being, littlest Natalie (Rudy, Roo, Rooster, Buddy, or whatever you want to call her). Hailee woke up on Sunday, took a shower, got the other kids in the bathtub, got them out, made breakfast and had them almost ready for church by the time I got back from my meetings. That may not seem like a lot, but she is 6. She does this kind of stuff every day. Abby loves her little sister. She plays with her, shares with her, wrestles with her and comforts her when she is sad. You can really see the look of concern when Natalie is hurt or sick. She is a great kid. I won't comment on Natalie yet, but she sure is a great kid too. I love to come home after work and have her so excited to just hand out with me. She is so cute and is really helpful too. I always tell them that they are the best _insert_age_here_ year old ever and I really do believe that.

0 comments: