Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kim is a BABY MACHINE



It really is amazing how Kim manages to pop babies out like a pez dispenser. She is definitely one of the strongest people I know and that isn't just because she had a little liquid courage in the form of an epidural. She was on her paper route this morning and started having contractions at 4:00am. They were spaced 10 minutes apart and she finally called me at 6:00am to let me know that she planned on making the trip to the hospital with or without me. I reluctantly got all the girls up thinking, "YAY!!!!!" I have been jonesing for a baby. I got them all up, got them dressed, and had them lined up on our bed ready for mom to come home. Finally ~7:20am Kim comes strolling in with her tell-tale ink smudge on her nose from excessive contact with newspaper. I requested that she take a shower so we didn't look like we had been snorting ink all night. She fortunately obliged, good thing too cause I was prepared to spray her off with a hose when she stepped outside.

We dropped the girls off at Kim's parent's house (most people cannot stand their in-laws but I am blessed not to be one of those people. They are easy to love) and off we went to the hospital. I know, I am being a bit verbose tonight, but indulge me cause I am emotional. We got there and the nurses said that we were going back home because Kim always has to smile, they didn't think that she was in enough pain. Finally after hearing from 2 people that we were headed home they finally called her doctor and he said, "no way." They admitted us and he came down to see her. Knowing how much she likes epidurals he automatically said that they needed to put her on one. Once they got that in they broke her water and started the pitosin drip. A few hours later and she was ready. Our favorite doctor in the WORLD, Dr. Carlson came in and checked her and then ever-so-kindly said, "Don't Push". He got his scrubs on and waited about 10 seconds for a contraction and plop, there was the babies head. He physically held her in while he sucked her nose and mouth and then she came pouring out.

Since then we have had a bit of drama with a doctor that is NOT our favorite doctor, I understand his concern but his bedside manner sucks. Needless to say our 4 hour old, 6lbs 5 oz, Mia Addison Munn is now in the NICU with complications from what they think is a premature birth. She is literally perfect except she is making a sound like she is clearing her throat. They took her down after the resident Pediatrician scared the, if I cussed online I would, shiznit out of us. The doctor, who has a wonderful bedside manner, in the NICU actually explained to us what to expect and what was going on, and we feel a lot better now.

Kim is sleeping now, a WELL DESERVED REST, and I am so proud of the way that she is. She truly is the perfect woman for me. She never complains, she always wears a smile, and is absolutely beautiful to me. I am constantly amazed at how strong she is and am blessed that she loves me. Thank you for my new baby girl Kim. I will try my best to be the dad that she deserves and the husband that you deserve. I love you very much.

0 comments: